What's included in Ancient DNA Origins?
- The Ancient DNA Origins DNA test provides powerful, innovative, and interactive DNA-based tools to help you find your ancient ancestors, trace your prehistorical lineages, and determine your ancient tribal origins.
- Find out how related you are to the Medieval Icelandic Vikings (935-1691 AD). from these sites Maps data: (C) Google Maps 2023
- Receive a detailed breakdown of your ancient geographical origins, ancient ancestry maps showing where your ancestors lived and traveled, and your exact genetic similarity to each member of your ancient tribe.
- Compare your results with over 50 worldwide ancient and modern populations.
- After a quarter of a millennium, you can reconnect with your Viking ancestors at a deeper level than ever imagined.
- Be a part of this 1,000-year long quest to trace the origin of Vikings using the power of genetics.
- Meet the people who wrote the Old Norse Edda – Their Story can be Your Story.
- Basic test includes 5 members.
- Advanced test includes 27 members.
About the test
Do you have a family tradition about your Viking origins? Did you ever want to be part of a great saga? Do you want to know the first Europeans who landed in North America and knew the Kings Haakon IV and Frederick III? We obtained the DNA of twenty-seven ancient Vikings from twenty-four sites throughout Iceland. Overall, this test includes twenty-seven people who lived between 935 and 1691 AD, from the founding of Iceland till the days of King Frederick III. The test provides a detailed history of Icelandic Vikings from Medieval times, their haplogroup breakdown, and history of encounters with other people and summarizes the evidence as to their whereabouts. The test includes a detailed historical, archeological, and paleogenetic background on the Icelandic Vikings, including how they lived, their cultic practices and mysticism, treatment of others, and their deeds. A detailed profile is available for every Viking.
Why take this test
Up until 2010, reading the DNA of ancient people was a dream. Since then, the DNA of the Neanderthal who lived over 30,000 years ago has been sequenced. After that reading, the DNA of ancient people who lived from 15,000 BC to 1,800 AD all over the world became the main object of paleogenomic research. This forward leap in technology allowed the creation of a new type of DNA tests — tests that do not use modern-day populations as stand-ins for the ancient tribes but rather go right to the source and study these ancient peoples themselves.
The Ancient DNA Origins DNA test is the first next-generation DNA test. It is designed solely using the DNA of ancient people throughout history using our novel technologies.
With this test, you will receive a precise ancient ethnicity estimate with far greater geographical details than you could imagine. You will make new connections with historical people and places where your ancestors lived, walked, battled, created, and dreamed thousands of years ago. Using the genetic data and evidence from history and archeology, we can revive the past and allow you to take part in this story at the most personal level.