The Ten Lost Tribes of Israel: Dan
Select a profile (DNA file) from the list:
What's included in Ancient DNA Origins?
- The Ancient DNA Origins DNA test provides powerful, innovative, and interactive DNA-based tools to help you find your ancient ancestors, trace your prehistorical lineages, and determine your ancient tribal origins.
- Find out how related you are to the people of the Dan Tribe (4250-930 BC), one of the Ten Lost Tribe of Israel, before the Assyrian exile.
- Receive a detailed breakdown of your ancient geographical origins, ancient ancestry maps showing where your ancestors lived and traveled, and your exact genetic similarity to each member of your ancient tribes.
- Compare your results with over 50 worldwide ancient and modern populations.
- After 30 centuries, you can reconnect with your Biblical ancestors at a deeper level than ever imagined.
- Be a part of this 2,700 year effort to find this Lost Israelite Tribes using the power of genetics.
- Meet the people of the Dan Tribe – Their Story can be Your Story.
- Basic test includes 5 tribal members.
- Advanced test includes 17 tribal members.
About the test
Do you have a family tradition about your Israelite origins? Did you ever want to be part of a great story? Do you want to know the people who lived at the time of Noah and Hanoch? The people who followed Moses and saw him split the Red Sea and receive the Ten Commandments? The people who fought with Judge Deborah and gossiped about King David? According to the Book of Joshua, the Tribe of Dan was assigned the southern coastal territory; however, they relocated to the north following the invasion of the Philistines. We obtained the DNA of seven ancient people from the southern territory of Dan and one ancient person from Dan’s northern location. We reconstructed nine additional ancient people from Abel Beth Maacah, Ekron, Gibbethon, and Joppa. Together, this test includes people who lived between 4,050 and 929 BC, in the times of Noah, Moses, Deborah, and King David. The test provides a detailed history of the Danites from prehistoric times, their haplogroup breakdown, and history of encounters with other people and summarizes the clues as to the whereabouts of the tribe after it was exiled by Assyrians. The test includes a detailed historical, archeological, and paleogenetic background on the ancient Danites, including how they lived, their cultic practices and mysticism, how they treated others, and their deeds. A detailed profile is available for every ancient tribe member.
Why take this test
Up until 2010, reading the DNA of ancient people was a dream. Since then, the DNA of a Neanderthal who lived over 30,000 years ago has been sequenced. After that reading, the DNA of ancient people who lived from 15,000 BC to 1,800 AD all over the world became the main object of paleogenomic research. This leap forward in technology allowed the creation of a new type of DNA test — tests that do not use modern-day populations as stand-ins for the ancient tribes but rather go right to the source and study these ancient peoples themselves.
The Ancient DNA Origins DNA test is the first next-generation DNA test. It is designed solely using the DNA of ancient people throughout history using our novel technologies.
With this test, you will receive a precise ancient ethnicity estimate with far greater geographical details than you could imagine. You will make new connections with historical people and places where your ancestors lived, walked, battled, created, and dreamed thousands of years ago. Using the genetic data and evidence from history and archeology, we can revive the past and allow you to take part in this story at the most personal level.