What's included in Ancient DNA Origins?
- The Ancient DNA Origins DNA test provides powerful, innovative, and interactive DNA-based tools to help you find your ancient ancestors, trace your prehistorical lineages, and determine your ancient tribal origins.
- Find out how related you are to the people of the Gad Tribe (8100-1050 BC), one of the Ten Lost Tribes of Israel, before the Assyrian exile.
- Receive a detailed breakdown of your ancient geographical origins, ancient ancestry maps showing where your ancestors lived and traveled, and your exact genetic similarity to each member of your ancient tribe.
- Compare your results with over 50 worldwide ancient and modern populations.
- After 30 centuries, you can reconnect with your Biblical ancestors at a deeper level than ever imagined.
- Be a part of this 2,700 years effort to find this Lost Israelite Tribe using the power of genetics.
- Meet the people of the Gad tribe – Their Story can be Your Story.
- Basic test includes 5 tribal members.
- Advanced test includes 20 tribal members.
About the test
Do you have a family tradition about your Israelite origins? Did you ever want to be part of a great story? Do you want to know the people who lived at the times of Adam, Noah, the Judges, and King David? According to the Book of Joshua, the Tribe of Gad was assigned a territory east of the Dead Sea. We obtained the DNA of thirteen ancient people from the territory of Gad and reconstructed five additional ancient people from Jezer. Together, this test includes people who lived between 8,100 and 1050 BC. The test provides a detailed history of the Gadites from prehistoric times, their haplogroup breakdown, and history of encounters with other people, and summarizes the clues as to the whereabouts of the tribe after it was exiled by Assyrians. The test includes a detailed historical, archeological, and paleogenetic background on the ancient Gadites, including how they lived, their cultic practices and mysticism, how they treated others, and their deeds. A detailed profile is available for every ancient tribe member.
Why take this test
Up until 2010, reading the DNA of ancient people was a dream. Since then, the DNA of a Neanderthal who lived over 30,000 years ago has been sequenced. After that reading, the DNA of ancient people who lived from 15,000 BC to 1,800 AD all over the world became the main object of paleogenomic research. This leap forward in technology allowed the creation of a new type of DNA test — tests that do not use modern-day populations as stand-ins for the ancient tribes but rather go right to the source and study these ancient peoples themselves.
The Ancient DNA Origins DNA test is the first next-generation DNA test. It is designed solely using the DNA of ancient people throughout history using our novel technologies.
With this test, you will receive a precise ancient ethnicity estimate with far greater geographical details than you could imagine. You will make new connections with historical people and places where your ancestors lived, walked, battled, created, and dreamed thousands of years ago. Using the genetic data and evidence from history and archeology, we can revive the past and allow you to take part in this story at the most personal level.