What's included in Ancient DNA Origins?
- The Ancient DNA Origins DNA test provides powerful, innovative, and interactive DNA-based tools to help you find your ancient ancestors, trace your prehistorical lineages, and determine your ancient tribal origins.
- Find out how related you are to the people of the Levi Tribe (1250-1170 BC), one of the remaining Tribes of Israel, before the Babylonian exile.
- Receive a detailed breakdown of your ancient geographical origins, ancient ancestry maps showing where your ancestors lived and traveled, and your exact genetic similarity to each member of your ancient tribe.
- Compare your results with over 50 worldwide ancient and modern populations.
- After 30 centuries, you can reconnect with your Biblical ancestors at a deeper level than ever imagined.
- Help us to find out what happened to the people of Levi using the power of genetics.
- Meet the people of the Levi Tribe – Their Story can be Your Story.
- Basic test includes 5 tribal members.
- Advanced test includes 15 tribal members.
About the test
Do you have a family tradition about your Levite origins? Did you ever want to be part of a great story? Do you want to know the people who lived at the times of Moses and Aaron and spread the laws of Jehovah among the Tribes of Israel? Since the Levites did not have their own territory, this test compares your DNA to the original Levites who left Egypt after the invasion of the Hyksos and mixed with Midianite priests. We reconstructed the DNA of fifteen ancient Levites. Overall, this test includes fifteen Levites who lived between 1,250 and 1,170 BC, between the times of Judges and the formation of the Israelite Monarchy. The test provides a detailed history of the Levites from prehistoric times, their haplogroup breakdown, and history of encounters with other people until the Babylonian exile (586 BC). The test includes a detailed historical, archeological, and paleogenetic background on the ancient Levites, including how they lived, their cultic practices and mysticism, treatment of others, and deeds. A detailed profile is available for every ancient tribe member.
Why take this test
Up until 2010, reading the DNA of ancient people was a dream. Since then, the DNA of a Neanderthal who lived over 30,000 years ago has been sequenced. After that reading, the DNA of ancient people who lived from 15,000 BC to 1,800 AD all over the world became the main object of paleogenomic research. This leap forward in technology allowed the creation of a new type of DNA test — tests that do not use modern-day populations as representatives of the ancient past but as people who can also be studied.
The Ancient DNA Origins DNA test is the first next-generation DNA test. It is designed solely using the DNA of ancient people throughout history using our novel technologies.
With this test, you will receive a precise ancient ethnicity estimate with far greater geographical details than you could imagine. You will make new connections with historical people and places where your ancestors lived, walked, battled, created, and dreamed thousands of years ago. Using the genetic data and evidence from history and archeology, we can revive the past and allow you to take part in this story at the most personal level.