What's included in Ancient DNA Origins?
- This Ancient DNA Origins DNA test collection provides powerful, innovative, and interactive DNA-based tools to help you find your ancient ancestors, trace your prehistorical lineages, and determine your ancient tribal origins..
- Find out how related you are to the Medieval Icelandic Vikings (935-1691 AD) , Vikings of Ireland and Isle of Man (765-900 AD) found at six sites in Ireland and the Isle of Man, Vikings of England and Wales (940-1005 AD) found at three sites in England and Wales, and Vikings of Scotland (664-1020 AD) found at four sites in Orkney from these sites Maps data: (C) Google Maps 2023
- Receive a detailed breakdown of your ancient geographical origins, ancient ancestry maps showing where your ancestors lived and traveled, and your exact genetic similarity to each member of your ancient tribe.
- Compare your results with over 50 worldwide ancient and modern populations.
- After a quarter of a millennium, you can reconnect with your Viking ancestors at a deeper level than ever imagined.
- Be a part of this 1,000-year-long quest to trace the origin of Vikings using the power of genetics.
- Meet the people who wrote the Old Norse Edda – Their Story Can be Your Story.
- Basic test includes 20 members.
- Advanced test includes 65 members.
About the test
This test combines four tests available on our website for the Vikings of Iceland, Ireland and the Isle of Man, England and Wales, and Scotland.
We obtained the DNA of 65 ancient Vikings from 37 sites throughout Iceland, Ireland, England, Wales, and Scotland. Overall, this test includes 65 Vikings who lived for a millennium, between 664 and 1691 AD. The test provides a detailed history of Icelandic Vikings from Medieval times, their haplogroup breakdown, and their history of encounters with other people and summarizes the evidence as to their whereabouts. The test includes a detailed historical, archeological, and paleogenetic background on the Icelandic Vikings, including how they lived, their cultic practices and mysticism, their treatment of others, and their deeds. A detailed profile is available for every Viking.
Why take this test
The Ancient DNA Origins DNA test is the first next-generation DNA test. It is designed solely using the DNA of ancient people throughout history using our novel technologies.
With this test, you will receive a precise ancient ethnicity estimate with far greater geographical details than you could imagine. You will make new connections with historical people and places where your ancestors lived, walked, battled, created, and dreamed thousands of years ago. Using the genetic data and evidence from history and archeology, we can revive the past and allow you to take part in this story at the most personal level.