HomeDNA™ Advanced Swabbing kit and GPS Origins
Discover your worldwide ancient ancestors from 40,000 years ago to the 19th century with the Ancient DNA Origins DNA kit.
The kit provides the most comprehensive and detailed ancient ancestry breakdown (to the 0.1%), down to the level of your shaman, priests, and warrior ancestors.
Get a FREE Basic Ancient DNA Origins test with every order!
Get the DNA kit for $99.99 without a subscription.
What's included in HomeDNA™ Swabbing kit ?The kit contains easy-to-follow instructions, cheek swabs for collecting your DNA samples, and a postage-paid envelope for returning your samples to our lab (U.S. customers only). Using a DNA sample you provide through a simple cheek swab, our qualified laboratory tests more than 80,000 unique genetic markers. Your information will be cross-checked across gene pools and over 1,000 reference populations and >10,000 ancient people. You will receive from HomeDNA your gene pool results and a detailed report about where your family's DNA originated and how your own unique DNA signature migrated over time. This can help you answer questions about your family’s history, shed light on the origins of certain family traits, and help you better understand who you are.
This advanced autosomal test is so targeted, it may even indicate the town or village where groups of your ancestors from different cultures met—building a vibrant picture of the migration journeys that formed your deep genealogical heritage.
- New ancestral tracking technique pinpoints your genetic genealogy.
- 80,000 autosomal genetic markers tested, 1,000+ reference populations and 41 gene pools analyzed.
- Simple and painless cheek swab to collect your DNA sample.
- Highly-accredited lab with privacy-protected service and expert staff; your DNA is not sent to a third-party lab.
- Download your DNA file and upload it to Ancient DNA Origins to get a FREE Basic Test of a culture of your choice.
About the test
- The first and best DNA test with bio-geographical targeting capability to the town or village level
- Identifies when and where your DNA formed by matching the populations that came together to create your genetic line
- Traces the migration route of both your maternal and paternal lineages, showing the last three (3) locations where your DNA signature underwent significant changes
- Provides detailed stories helping to explain DNA mixture events such as wars, famines, and migrations
- Developed by Dr. Eran Elhaik, a leading population geneticist from the University of Sheffield in England
Why take this test
Up until 2010, reading the DNA of ancient people was a dream. Since then, the DNA of the Neanderthal who lived over 30,000 years ago has been sequenced. After that reading, the DNA of ancient people who lived from 15,000 BC to 1,800 AD all over the world became the main object of paleogenomic research. This forward leap in technology allowed the creation of the next-generation of DNA tests — tests that do not use modern-day populations as representatives of the ancient past but ancient people.
Therefore, unlike contemporary DNA tests that report ancestry in relation to modern populations, next-generation DNA tests employ ancient DNA to identify ancient people.
With this DNA test kit, you can get your DNA genotyped accurately. you will receive a free GPS Origins test and you can upload your DNA file to Ancient DNA Origins to receive a precise ancient ethnicity estimate with far greater geographical details than you could imagine. You will make new connections with historical people and places where your ancestors lived, walked, battled, created, and dreamed thousands of years ago. Using genetic data and evidence from history and archeology, we can revive the past and allow you to find your place in history.