What's included in Ancient DNA Origins?
- The Ancient DNA Origins DNA test provides powerful, innovative, and interactive DNA-based tools to help you find your ancient ancestors, trace your prehistorical lineages, and determine your ancient tribal origins.
- Find out how related you are to the people of the Benjamin Tribe (8075-2075 BC), one of the remaining tribes of Israel, before the Babylonian exile.from these sites Maps data: (C) Google Maps 2023
- Receive a detailed breakdown of your ancient geographical origins, ancient ancestry maps showing where your ancestors lived and traveled, and your exact genetic similarity to each member of your ancient tribe.
- Compare your results with over 50 worldwide ancient and modern populations.
- After 30 centuries, you can reconnect with your Biblical ancestors at a deeper level than ever imagined.
- Help us to find out what happened to the people of Benjamin using the power of genetics.
- Meet the people of the Benjamin tribe – Their Story can be Your Story.
- Basic test includes 5 tribal members.
- Advanced test includes 15 tribal members.
About the test
Do you have a family tradition about your Judaean origins? Did you ever want to be part of a great story? Do you want to know of the people who have heard the confusion at The Tower of Babel and survived the Flood? According to the Book of Joshua, the Tribe of Benjamin was assigned the smallest territory, around Jerusalem. We obtained the DNA of one ancient person from the central territory of Benjamin and reconstructed fourteen other ancient people from Jerusalem, Jericho, and Gibeon. Together, this test includes fifteen people who lived between 8,075 and 2,075 BC, ending in the times of Hanoch and Noah. The test provides a detailed history of the Benjaminites from prehistoric times, their haplogroup breakdown, and a history of encounters with other people until the Babylonian exile (586 BC). The test includes a detailed historical, archeological, and paleogenetic background on the ancient Benjaminites, including how they lived, their cultic practices and mysticism, how they treated others, and their deeds. A detailed profile is available for every ancient tribe member.
Why take this test
Up until 2010, reading the DNA of ancient people was a dream. Since then, the DNA of a Neanderthal who lived over 30,000 years ago has been sequenced. After that reading, the DNA of ancient people who lived from 15,000 BC to 1,800 AD all over the world became the main object of paleogenomic research. This leap forward in technology allowed the creation of a new type of DNA test — tests that do not use modern-day populations as stand-ins for the ancient tribes but rather go right to the source and study these ancient peoples themselves.
The Ancient DNA Origins DNA test is the first next-generation DNA test. It is designed solely using the DNA of ancient people throughout history using our novel technologies.
With this test, you will receive a precise ancient ethnicity estimate with far greater geographical details than you could imagine. You will make new connections with historical people and places where your ancestors lived, walked, battled, created, and dreamed thousands of years ago. Using the genetic data and evidence from history and archeology, we can revive the past and allow you to take part in this story at the most personal level.