What's included in Ancient DNA Origins?
- The Ancient DNA Origins DNA test provides powerful, innovative, and interactive DNA-based tools to help you find your ancient ancestors, trace your prehistorical lineages, and determine your ancient tribal origins.
- Find out how related you are to the Vikings of England and Wales (940-1005 AD) found at three sites in England and Wales. from these sites Maps data: (C) Google Maps 2023
- Receive a detailed breakdown of your ancient geographical origins, ancient ancestry maps showing where your ancestors lived and traveled, and your exact genetic similarity to each member of your ancient tribe.
- Compare your results with over 50 worldwide ancient and modern populations.
- Reach out and reconnect with your 1000-years-old Viking ancestors who spread from West-Central Europe to England, Scandinavia and back to England.
- Be a part of this millennia-old quest to trace the origin of Vikings using the power of genetics.
- Meet the Vikings of Oxford who founded the city – Their story can be your story.
- Basic test includes 5 members.
- Advanced test includes 8 members.
About the test
The Vikings established thriving trade networks, bringing goods like silver, silk, and spices to England and Wales. They also built impressive structures, including the famous Jorvik Viking Centre in York, which serves as a museum and living history exhibit. The Vikings established a settlement in Oxford, which they called "Oxenaforda." This settlement became an important trading center, with goods being transported up and down the nearby River Thames. These Vikings were also involved in numerous battles and skirmishes with the surrounding Anglo-Saxon kingdoms. In 911 AD, a peace treaty was signed between the Viking rulers of Oxford and the Anglo-Saxon king of Wessex, which allowed for a period of relative peace and stability in the region.
The Vikings left a lasting cultural and genetic legacy in England and Wales. Many English and Welsh surnames have Viking origins, such as Anderson, Davies, and Johnson. The Vikings also influenced the English and Welsh languages and literature, with many English and Welsh words and phrases having Viking roots.
We obtained the DNA of 15 ancient Vikings from three sites throughout England and Wales who lived between 940 and 1005 AD. The test provides a detailed history of England Vikings from Medieval times, their haplogroup breakdown, and their history of encounters with other people and summarizes the evidence as to their whereabouts. The test includes a detailed historical, archeological, and paleogenetic background on the England and Wales Vikings, including how they lived, their cultic practices and mysticism, their treatment of others, and their deeds. A detailed profile is available for every Viking.