What's included in Ancient DNA Origins?
- The Ancient DNA Origins DNA test provides powerful, innovative, and interactive DNA-based tools to help you find your ancient ancestors, trace your prehistorical lineages, and determine your ancient tribal origins.
- Find out how related you are to Roman Britons found at the gardens of Driffield Terrace, part of an ancient Roman city located in York, England (60-350 AD). from these sites Maps data: (C) Google Maps 2023
- Receive a detailed breakdown of your ancient geographical origins, ancient ancestry maps showing where your ancestors lived and traveled, and your exact genetic similarity to each member of your ancient tribe.
- Compare your results with over 50 worldwide ancient and modern populations.
- Reconnect with your 1800-year-old Roman ancestors at a deeper level than ever imagined.
- Whether these Romans were gladiators or soldiers – Their story can be your story.
- Basic test includes 5 tribal members.
- Advanced test includes 15 tribal members.
About the test
Using their genomic information combined with those archaeological findings, we can begin to piece together their lives answering the questions we had about them. Where did they come from? What did they look like? Are they the ancestors of the modern English nation? Could you be one of their descendants? Did one of your ancestors stand shoulder to shoulder in a feared Roman phalanx fighting off Boudica, the brave warrior queen of the ancient British Iceni? Or were they renowned Roman engineers bringing the aqueduct and Roman roads to Britain and perhaps even laying a stone to form Hadrian’s Wall? The growing availability of ancient Roman DNA allows the identification of your exact Roman ancestors throughout history and across the Old World.
This test includes 15 Roman Britons, most of whom lived between 50 and 350 AD when Rome reached its greatest territorial expansion under the Julio-Claudian and Nerva–Antonine dynasties. The test provides a detailed historical, archeological, and paleogenetic background of the Briton Romans. It describes their relationships with other ancient Britons and their cultic practices. A detailed profile is available for every Roman. Find out now how related you are to Roman Britons.