What's included in Ancient DNA Origins?
- The Ancient DNA Origins DNA test provides powerful, innovative, and interactive DNA-based tools to help you find your ancient ancestors, trace your prehistorical lineages, and determine your ancient tribal origins.
- Find out how related you are to the Scythians who settled Ukraine (800-60 BC) and were found at seven sites in Southern Ukraine. from these sites Maps data: (C) Google Maps 2023
- Receive a detailed breakdown of your ancient geographical origins, ancient ancestry maps showing where your ancestors lived and traveled, and your exact genetic similarity to each member of your ancient tribe.
- Compare your results with over 50 worldwide ancient and modern populations.
- Reach out and reconnect with your 2800-year-old Scythian and Amazon ancestors who could shoot arrows from horseback, crafted beautiful gold jewelry, and battled the Greeks and Persians.
- Meet Scythians from the dawn of their culture to their decline – Their story can be your story.
- Basic test includes 5 tribal members.
- Advanced test includes 15 tribal members.
About the test
Every Scythian, male or female, could ride a horse as soon as they could walk. Their warriors were fierce, armed to the teeth with knives and daggers and other Bronze Age weaponry, including the latest innovation in warfare—the Scythian double-curved bow. Their lethal weaponry reflected the importance the Scythian society placed on war and military prowess. The spoils of war were heaped upon the bravest and strongest warriors and woe to their foes whose scalps and skulls became trophies. The mighty female Scythian warriors were the source of nightmares for the Greek armies and may have given rise to the legend of the Amazon warriors. Alexander the Great was said to have built a great iron gate to shut off these mighty warriors and postpone the apocalypse. Yet that gate would weaken over time, and after 1000 years, the Scythians would return to spread chaos in the world, at a time that the Savior may return.
And the Greeks were not the only ones afraid. The Scythian raid of Israel in the 7th century AD left an unforgettable mark in the Hebrew Bible. There, they are called either Ashkenaz or Scythians and most of the time are not mentioned by name at all, out of fear. Though the Scythians are not mentioned by name—perhaps out of fear of these terrifying and skilled enemies—the Gog and Magog prophecies refer to the day that the Scythians would cross the Mountains of Darkness (the Caucasus Mountain range) and launch a World War.
The Scythian’s reputation lived on centuries after their disappearance. But who were the Ukrainian Scythians and the Amazons? What is true and what is legend? Are todays Ukrainians descendants of these fierce warriors? Unfortunately, the Scythians themselves did not pass on oral traditions. These ancient people, living from battle to battle, saw the beginning and the end of their Kingdom as it changed over the course of over 700 years. Therefore, up until recently, there was much controversy surrounding the Scythians and their origins due to the heterogeneity of the archeological findings and the biased historical sources about the Scythians.
In 2018, the first Scythian genomes were sequenced from skeletons found in seven sites in southern Ukraine. Empowered by these genetic findings, we can finally tell their full story and understand their relationships with the local steppe people and their surrounding tribes over time as well as trace their genetic legacy.